March 13, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday- Top Ten Dystopian Books You must read!!!!!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fab Broke and the Bookish. Each week we are invited to list our top ten's on a variety of topics. This week's list is an open Top Ten to choose a genre. 

My List: Top Ten Dystopian Novels You Must Read!!!

If you are a follower of my blog, it's no secret that the dystopian genre is one of my absolute favourites. There are so many aspects of it that I love, but if I had to choose one thing that seems to hold true for all of them is the hope expressed in what seems like a hopeless world. The protagonist strives against all odds.  Below is a list of my favourites in no particular order. 

Delirium (Delirium, #1) Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)   

Delirium & Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Divergent (Divergent, #1) Insurgent (Divergent, #2)

Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica Roth

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2)


The Giver (The Giver, #1)

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)  Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)

The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Unwind (Unwind, #1)

Unwind by Neal Shusterman (disturbing but amazing)

Fahrenheit 451

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Life As We Knew It (Last Survivors, #1)

Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi 

How I Live Now

How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

It's a few more than ten:) How many of the above have you read? Looking forward to seeing everybody's lists!!!



4 comments:

  1. I agree with all of these! I would add 1984 by George Orwell, Incarceron/Sapphique by Catherine Fisher, Matched/Crossed by Ally Condie, Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi, The Forest of Hands and Teeth/The Dead Tossed Waves/The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan, Pure by Julianna Baggott, and Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. Of course, that is far more than ten, but it's my favorite genre...

    Great list!

    Check out YA Litwit's Top Ten Fairy Tale Retellings and my GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read Delirium and Maze Runner - I keep hearing such great things about them, yet for some reason? I haven't read it yet...


    Check out my Top Ten / Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read some of those. I'm not nearly as big a fan of Lauren Oliver as you are, but these are good choices. I also loved Incarceron and the Matched books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe I still haven't read Fahrenheit 451. It's on my list to get to, and soon!

    My list this week is my Top Ten Classics.

    ReplyDelete