January 21, 2013

Review: Everyday by David Levithan

everyday

Published by Knopf Books for Young Readers 2012
336 Pages
Source: Borrowed from the Library

Summary:

   Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

My Thoughts:

   Aside from Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist, I’m embarrassed to say that this is my only other David Levithan book.  It  definitely won’t be my last.  Everyday has a unique premise, A (who is genderless) is a seemingly lost soul that resides in someone different every day. It never knows who it will be next;  the people it might meet or the situations it might have to survive.  A meets Rhiannon and life as A had know it changes. A love story, complicated by the fact the his/her appearance is different every day. Can we love someone for only what's on the inside?

Completely compelling and as I turned the last page I felt there had to be more, I wanted more. He’s writing a sequel right? I became so use to A’s voice, I wasn’t ready to say goodbye. Days after reading I’m still thinking about it. Highly Recommended.

Quotes I LOVED:

“The clock always ticks. There are times you don't hear it, and there are times that you do.”

“There will always be more questions. Every answer leads to more questions. The only way to survive is to let some of them go.”


No comments:

Post a Comment