July 8, 2011

TGIF and Follow Friday


TGIF is hosted by the fabulous Ginger at GREADS. One of my most favourite bloggers. 

This weeks question:

Blogger Confession: What's the last book you could not finish? 
(or had a hard time finishing?) 
 
The last book I could not finish was The Girl with the a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. It was my book clubs choice and everyone I talked to just loved it! I made it 100 pages in and the author was still talking about flowers on the wall. I gave up. Apparently if I had made it to page 140 then the action would have started but there are just too many books waiting to be read to go back and try again. -
No recap this week-it's been quiet on the blog but CRAZY at work
 
 
 
                       Follow Friday is hosted by Parajunkee's View! This week's question is a bit similar....
 
What's the worst book you've read and actually finished?
 
This is tricky to answer because I don't usually finish a book if I don't like it-I love reading too much to force myself to read something.  If I had to pick something it would probably be Eat, Pray Love. I know many women just LOVE this book but maybe I was too cynical while reading it. I just think it's easy to Eat and Pray  and Love in beautiful places when you don't need to work full time.
 
What was your answer?


Happy Weekend everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I completely understand you take on this. There are too many great books out there to read something I hate.

    My Follow Friday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really struggled with The girl in the dragon tattoo as well, but I have a friend that absolutely loved it! Each to their own...

    I'm a new follower! :)

    I love the look of your blog. I look forward to reading more.

    Have a great weekend

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with you. I haven't read the book, but I think I would feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! New follower here-- I LOVE your blog design by the way ;) And as a librarian, I love your blog name too lol

    Hmmm... I never read Eat, Pray, Love but I tend to stay away from those uber-commercialized best-seller books that turn into movies because I never think they're that great, and they don't live up to all the hype. It annoys me that sometimes books are just pushed out to the public to make $$$

    Anyways! Enough ranting, you can see my FF post for this week at the link below. Hope you have a great weekend, and I am taking a button while I'm here too :D

    Have a great weekend!

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had no desire to read those books. I've heard mixed things about them, too. This could be why!

    And look at that fancy picture quote over there ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read about 30 pages into that book, but I never finished it. At that point it wasn't because I didn't like it, but just because...idk! Haha! I know I want to see the movie!

    And I haven't read or watched Eat.Pray.Love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have thought about reading both of these book but every time I go to take it out from the library I decide not to and pick up another book.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Eat Pray Love, but I have seen the movie and I felt pretty much the same way as you. I won't bother reading the book now. New followers from Parajunkee.

    --monica at Heart Bound Book Bound

    ReplyDelete
  9. girl, you got me on the floor with that flowers on the wall. like that blog header.
    check me out and
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Last book I never finished was Huntress by Malinda Lo. I just got bored with it. I can't think of the last book that I finished, yet hated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, new follower! I haven't read either of those books, but I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy them. Check out my answer on my blog!

    Kristen @suchateenagebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a hard time with the girl with the dragon tattoo...at first. i skipped quite a few pages until the action started then it got good once you skimmed over all the fluff. I have Eat Love Pray in my TBR pile but I have no desire to really read it...at least not yet...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I felt the same way about Dragon Tattoo!!! I feel like everyone loved it, while I couldn't even make it half-way through. Glad to see I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hopping through. The Dragon Tattoo book was really hard to get into, but at some point it just clicks and you can't stop.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower hopping through! I haven't read The Dragon Tattoo or Eat, Pray, Love. I did watch the movie of Eat, Pray, Love, though and thought it was awful. So boring! And you're right, it's much easier to do that when you don't have to work. Must be nice! :P

    Hope you're having a good weekend!

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete