This week's list:
Top Ten Books You Believe Should Be Required Reading For Teens
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher.
- Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- How I Live Now by Meg Rossoff
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Plain Kate by Erin Bow
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night by Mark Haddon
- To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
- Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
Did anyone else find making this list very difficult?
Instead of explaining each one, I'll just say that all of the books above impacted me in a major way at various points through the years....many I wish I would have had to turn to when I was a teen. Each book above represents a stage and a point in my life and there were so many things I learned from reading those books. Books are powerful. I wonder if the authors really Truly know what their work, their words mean to us...