Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is Top Ten Book to Read for Halloween.
1. Room on the Broom by Julia Donaldson. This is a favourite picture book of mine that I look forward to sharing every year.
2. Double Spell by Janet Lunn. I read this when I was 10 and had such nightmares. I don't remember too much about it, other than it scared me.
3. I Don't Want to Be a Pea by Ann Bonwill. This is new and fabulous. Hugo Hippo and Bella Bird can't decide on what they will dress-up as for the costume party- adorable pictures and story.
4. The Dark at the Top of the Stairs by Sam McBratney. A classic story with an interesting twist-can you guess what's terrifying the mice and is at the top of the stairs?
5. Pumpkin Trouble by Jan Thomas. I love this series of picture books by this author. Bright bold illustrations and simple text!
6. Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. Oh how I love this series. They always gross me out, (i have a bit of a weak stomach) but I love Carrie's writing style.
7. Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann. I still have images popping up in my head from this story...it played like a movie in my mind as I read....maybe I should stay away from creepy, scary books.
8. Choker by Elizabeth Woods. Another one that still pops up in my mind every now and then. Good but creepy.
9. & 10. TommyKnockers and SilverBullet by Stephen King. Does anyone write scarier than Stephen King? He's a gifted story teller but I have to say I wish I hadn't read these ones. I was in my early teens and they totally freaked me out!
What are you reading this Halloween?