November 22, 2011

Top Ten Authors I'd Love To Have At My Thanksgiving Feast


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. 
Each week we post a top ten list on a variety of book related topics.
This week's list:

Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have At My Thanksgiving Feast

My List:

1. J.K. Rowling. I'd love to share a meal and then watch all 8 movies together and talk HP for the rest of the night.
2. Erin Morgenstern. (The Night Circus) I'm convinced that the Night Circus is actually a real place, and I'm sure Erin knows where I can find it. :)
3. Lauren Oliver. She's one of my favourite authors and loves Ketchup as much as I do, she's also an amazing singer!
4. Elizabeth Miles. Fabulous author, so much fun, she's BFF's with Lauren and also a singer- I'm thinking we could have an awesome sing-along....karaoke night...
5.Stephenie Meyer. I love the Twilight saga. I always will. I will always think Stephenie Meyer is amazing.
6.Oliver Jeffers. He's British, a talented author and illustrator and one of my most favourite picture book authors...ever.
7.Shel Silverstein. I would have loved to have met him. absolute genius. I grew up reading his poems and now I read them to my son.
8. Libba Bray. She always makes me laugh on twitter and in her books. I love her witty sense of humour.
9. Suzanne Collins. Maybe I could convince her to bring a pre-release copy of The Hunger Games. 
10. Maggie Stiefvater. I don't know that this one needs any further explanation.She's um...amazing.

I think this guest list would have me freaking out! My husband would be making the dinner though. Toast is kind of my best dish. :)


8 comments:

  1. Looks like Rowling and Meyer will be busy this Thanksgiving with all these invitations!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pick! :)

    I would also invite Stephenie and Suzanne :) I love Lauren's writing in Before I fall! :)

    nea barabea
    [My Life Is a Fairytale That Will Never End.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, honored to be on this guest list! I'd be happy to help you cook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know Lauren Oliver can sing. That is such a neat fact. I'm giving away a SIGNED copy of Delirium on my blog if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh such fantastic authors on your list! I have Lauren Oliver on mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Shel Silverstein. And I hope he brings his guitar with him!

    Here's my Top Ten: Top Ten Authors I'd Love to Have at My Thanksgiving Feast. I hope you will stop by and sign up for my November Giveaway and my Gratitude Giveaway. I'm giving away two $25 Amazon gift cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES = Erin Morgenstern. She made my list too. I'd want everyone to be quiet for a good chunk of time so we can all collectively listen to her talk about MAGIC and all the tents and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, can I come and join the marathon for Harry Potter? I would LOVE that.

    And I love Rowling, Stiefvater and Bray too :)

    ReplyDelete