The Perpetual Page Turner is hosting an end of the year book/blog survey. Be sure to check out her blog to participate.
1. Best book of 2010?
It's hard to choose but if I had to I would say If I Stay by Gayle Forman with The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting, Before I Fall By Laura Oliver, and Plain Kate by Erin Bow coming in a close second, third, and fourth.
2. Worst book of 2010? I don't know that I read the "worst" book. I read a couple that weren't for me like: Galahad-The Comets Curse and Girl in the Arena.
3. Most disapointing book of 2010? Girl with a Dragon Tattoo. I said before that I couldn't make it past the first 100 pages.And everyone told me to read it.
4. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2010? A book for my "adult" book club that was described as a political satire (blech). The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis. It was much more of a character and relationship story than I expected and I ended up really liking it.
5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010? I've book talked Plain Kate on many class visits this fall - so for quantity of people, that would be the one. The one I've recommended most to friends is Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver because I read that much earlier in the year.
6. Best series you discovered in 2010? The Healing Wars by Janice Hardy (The Shifter and Blue Fire so far) -really really good reads.
7. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2010? Kimberly Derting, Janice Hardy, Gayle Forman, Lauren Oliver, Erin Bow, Beca Fitzpatrick, James Dashner, Rachel Hawkins.....
8. Most hilarious read of 2010? I think I need to read some lighter/funnier books-any recommendations?
9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2010? Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins/ Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare/Maze Runner by James Dashner.
10. Book you most anticipated in 2010? Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
11. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2010?
12. Most memorable character in 2010? Mia from If I Stay.
13. Most beautifully written book in 2010? Plain Kate by Erin Bow & If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The writing was stunning in both.
14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010? Now I'm getting repetitive... If I Stay by Gayle Forman. It's been a couple of weeks since I read it and I'm still thinking about it.
15. Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2010 to finally read? The Red Tent by Anita Diamant. I had wanted to read this one for a very long time. It didn't disappoint.
Book Blogging in 2010 (optional)
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2010? Soooo many! A few of my favourites are listed on the sidebar.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2010? If I Stay by Gayle Forman :)
3. Best discussion you had on your blog? To be honest I don't know that I've had an active discussion on the blog yet.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog? I really liked the blogging etiquette post that the Perpetual Page Turner had a couple of weeks ago. Annareads has one up now about why we read ya.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)? I loved participating in Top Ten Tuesday, the blog hops and I'm looking really forward to the 2011 Debut Author Challenge. I'm also going to OLA (Ontario library conference) this year and that should be fun.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010? Discovering the world and community of book bloggers.
7. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)? Goodreads although I discovered it way before 2010. But I'm on it daily-it's an amazing resource.