August 22, 2011

Forgotten By Cat Patrick

Forgotten

Forgotten by Cat Patrick
Published by Little Brown for Young Readers
June 2011
288 Pages Hard Cover
Reviewed from Library Copy

Summary:
Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.
Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.
 
Favourite Quote:
  "Funny how possibility can lift you. Funny how reality can slam you down"
 
  I have been in a reading slump for just over 2 weeks, everything I picked up, I put back down. Thank goodness for Cat Patrick and Forgotten because it was the book that pulled me from the depths of unsatisfied reading. This one is difficult to review because I don't want to give too much away. So much of the book was surprising and I'd hate to ruin it for anyone.
  London ( I love that name) forgets everything about herself every morning at 4:33am and no one knows why. Inexplicably though she's able to see the future and knows what will/ or could happen to herself and those she loves. A recurring nightmare prompts London to try and solve the mystery of her past for fear that the nightmare is actually a vision from the future. The other characters in the book were understanding and supportive of London (well those that knew of her condition) and even though she forgot him everyday Luke was there for her.
  I loved the premise of the book, I was reminded of scenes from the movie 50 First Dates with Drew Barrymore where she sits across from those who know and love her and doesn't recognize them.
  Our identities  lie in our memories, and I can't imagine knowing you'll lose that every day. A strong debut from this new author. Recommended.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not crazy about the cover but it sounds like a great book! I'll read it very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your review, this one was a nice quick read with a mystery which wasn't predictable.

    ReplyDelete