August 23, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I have loved, but haven't reviewed


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.
Each week we create a list based on a book related topic.

 This week's list:

Top Ten Books You Loved But Never Wrote A Review For

My List:

The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman - It's too bad the movie didn't do this book justice or maybe more people would have read it. I loved it on so many levels.

City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau - I first read this one on the recommendation of a 9 year old who said it was his favourite book EVER. There really isn't any higher praise than that.

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready - Logan & Zach

Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky -This should be required reading. for everyone.

Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Allan Bradley - Flavia Du Luece (MC) is the best
 (and quirkiest) detective yet.

Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer - Unsettling, but incredible dystopian

First Test by Tamora Pierce -My first of many Tamora Pierce-I loved the Medieval time period

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley -lovely contemporary

The Secret History by Donna Tartt -a book club pick- I didn't think I would like- but I ended up loving

Halfway to the Grave by Jeanine Frost - Hot. Like really really steamy hot.

This week I included middle grade, ya and adult......the majority of the books listed are books I read before I started blogging. Have you read any from my list? Be sure to leave acomment with a link to your list.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh, nice to see you loved SHADE (me too!). My kids never cared for the Golden Compass movie. I should try the books since it's been a while & I can't remember the movie now as I do own the box set :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't review Halfway to the Grave either, I should have added it to the list, but didn't think about it.

    Stop by and check mine out,
    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd better add The Secret History to my list. Did it generate a good discussion in your club?

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was difficult for me to write something about Perks of Being a Wallflower. I never technically reviewed it, but I did mention it on my blog. I just HAD TO. Ya know? Such an amazing story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never wrote a review for Shade or North of Beautiful either! LOL. Perks is sitting on my shelf..I will read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen the 'City of Ember' movie and I really liked the concept... I have the book on my TBR list.

    Oh man, 'North of Beautiful' really deserves some more reviews. I feel like I definitely need to do that since it's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only one I've read is "The Golden Compass." I really liked the whole series. And I've read Tamora Pierce's "Circle of Magic" series, which was a lot of fun.

    My list is here.

    ReplyDelete