August 5, 2011

TGIF - Taking it Personal


TGIF- is hosted by the wonderful Ginger at GREADS. Each along with celebrating the fact it's Friday, Ginger posts a book related question for us to answer-
this week...

Taking it Personal: Which books have effected you on a personal level and lingered in your mind long after you closed the pages?

I'm unable to choose just one, I could list at least 10, but I'll limit it to 3

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate Di Camillo
The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

A book that I've read 10 times, and I sob each time. So many wonderful things about this one, it's just lovely and at the time when I first read it I clung to the words tightly. This book comforted me at a time when I really needed it.

If I Stay by Gayle Forman
If I Stay (If I Stay #1)

An incredible book...this one stayed with me for days. You can read my review of it here. I own the next one-Where She Went, but I still can't bring myself to read it yet- not sure of what I'm waiting for...

Delirium by Lauren Oliver
 Delirium (Delirium, #1)
Lauren Oliver has become one of my most favourite authors. There is just something about the way she writes that speaks to me more than others.
You can read my review here. A powerful, and inspiring read.


When I look at the underlying themes of the books that move me the most, it seems they all share something in common. They look at love as a choice. Is loving someone and being loved worth the possible pain if you lose them? And if you do lose them....can you, will you make the choice to go on without them? 




5 comments:

  1. I've never read Edward Tulane. I read the one about the mouse, that won all the awards, and it was OK, but now you have me more interested in this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just added Delirium to my TBR pile. I'm going to head over and read your review now...

    Happy Friday!
    Trish @ Tales From...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I must check out Kate's book (I only know Tale of Despereaux) but I too LOVED If I Stay and Delirium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've notice a few blogger reading If I Stay and they are currently reading the next one. I am going to try the first one. on my list it goes. happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I Stay is one of those rare books that come by that you just absolutely love even if it breaks your heart. The very first time I read the novel, I must have cried the entire time I was reading.

    ReplyDelete