August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday-Top TBR this Fall

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we post our top tens on a variety of book related topics. 
This week's list: Our Top Ten To-Be-Read this Fall.

My List- It was hard to only pick ten.....(links go to GoodReads)

  1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Adult Literary and exquisite is the only word I can think of to describe it.I'm in the middle of reading this and I'm in love with it, if you can be in love with a book. Release date is September 13th and you can bet I'll be running to the book store for this one.
The Night Circus


2.   Lisel & Po by Lauren Oliver. My favourite author writing middle grade. So excited. My son and I are actually reading this together -watch for a review from both of us in October. Release Date: October 4th

Liesl & Po

3. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness- I love Patrick Ness and the subject matter of this book hits my heart. I can't wait to read it. Release Date: September 27th

A Monster Calls

4.  This Dark Endeavor by Kenneth Oppel- Talented Canadian author! I'm a fan of his other series and can not wait to read this- Release Day is Today-Happy Book Birthday!

This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein

5. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I don't know who isn't anxiously awaiting this, I expect to see this on many lists today. Release Date: November 15th





Shatter Me  

6.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins -  I'm counting down the days until I can buy it. All my favourite bloggers have raved about it. Release Date: September 29th


7. The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa . I know it's available on netgalley, I even downloaded it read but I just can't read it on my computer. I don't know if e-reading is for me, I miss the connection I feel to the characters when I'm holding an actual book- sound crazy? Release Date: October 25th 


8. Dearly Departed by Lia Habel.  Walking Dead meets the future meets Victorian era? Yes Please!!! Release Date: October 15th

9. Legend by Marie Lu . Buzz for Legend has been all positive and those who  follow this blog know my passion for anything Dystopian. Release Date: November 29th (so far away)


10. Here are a few more titles from my Resolved to Read in 2011 list that I have yet to read...I must read these by the end of December- MUST- 

I have a feeling after seeing everyone's lists my to-read pile is about to get a whole lot larger....





9 comments:

  1. We definitely have a few titles in common on our lists. =)

    'Liesl & Po' sounds really interesting. I saw it was on Netgalley, but I figure I'll wait and get it from the library once it's out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. Your list! So many good things.

    Legend, Liesel & Po and Shatter me are all books I got at BEA and I'm DYING to read them soon. I've heard excellent things thus far.

    AND OMGGGG. Sorry..I don't typically act like a fangirl but I looooved Lola. Like hardcore. My review was a bit embarrassing probably. lol

    Excellent list! Found one or two to check out that weren't already on my radar!

    Here's my top ten books for Fall

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about Night Circus. I'm not usually big on circus-lit but considering how many of you bloggers are psyched about it I may have to make an exception :) Best of luck with your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty much excited for almost all of the books you listed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lola was on my list, too! Night Circus sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm SO dying to read The Night Circus. Truly it sounds incredible. Fabulous list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have The Night Circus!!!??? I can't wait to read that one!

    Shatter Me, Lola, Legend, A Monster Calls...are all fantastic!

    I'm also looking forward to The Iron Knight :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Night Circus is about two magicians, Celia and Marco, who are in magical competition with each other a la The Prestige. But they are not entirely in control of the game, and each move they make impacts many, many people. What starts as a competition soon becomes almost a series of magical love letters before things take a dangerous turn when lives start becoming disrupted.

    ReplyDelete