October 17, 2010

Team Unicorn

Zombies vs. Unicorns
Short Story Collection edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier
Published September 21st 2010 by Margaret K. McElderry
432 pages
An anthology of short stories edited by amazing young adult authors and written by amazing young adult authors....Libby Bray, Carrie Ryan, Garth Nix,Maureen Johnson, Scott Westerfeld, Meg Cabot.....about Zombies and Unicorns.
"half of the stories portray the strengths--for good and evil of the unicorns, and half show the good (and very very bad-ass) side of zombies".-from goodreads.
I'm generally not a big fan of short stories. I usually find that there isn't enough character development to hold my interest but I was pleasantly suprised with this one. It totally rocked. I don't know if it was the list of amazing authors, the humour or the subject matter but I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I loved Maureen Johnson's "Children of the Revolution" & "Princess Prettypants" by Meg Cabot.
As much as I enjoyed the zombie stories-I just have to go for team unicorn. The stories were great and I have loved Unicorns since I was little....plus zombies turn my stomach....alot.

1 comment:

  1. I put this on hold at my library- I'm excited to read it. SO many good authors in this. I heard there was a debate on zombies vs unicorns between some of them at a convention recently (I can't remember which one...)

    ReplyDelete