February 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday -Beauty Queens

Beauty Queens

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Published- May 2011
400 Pages

Summary from Goodreads
From bestselling, Printz Award-winning author Libba Bray,
the story of a plane of beauty pageant contestants that crashes on a desert island.

Teen beauty queens. A "Lost"-like island. Mysteries and dangers. No access to email. And the spirit of fierce, feral competition that lives underground in girls, a savage brutality that can only be revealed by a journey into the heart of non-exfoliated darkness. Oh, the horror, the horror! Only funnier.
With evening gowns. And a body count
 
Libba Bray is brilliant. I have loved everything I have read by her, and I can not wait to read this one.

8 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    I'm thinking of The Lord of the Flies of course, but what beauty pageant book can I say it got crossed with to make this one? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I absolutely loved The Gemma Doyle trilogy, still need to read Going Bovine though. Good WoW pick!

    I have an award for you! http://cheezyfeetbooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one too. It's more along the lines of Going Bovine and she's so funny she can totally pull it off. Great choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
    Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, Beauty Queens sounds like it will be a fun read!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about Libba Bray, but never read any of her work. I'll give her a try sometime.

    P.S. I'm your newest follower.
    bethfred.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.... beauty queens meets lord of the flies and lost.... sounds like an intriguing combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a couple of days late...Blogger is my enemy right now :(

    But I love your pick this week...and that cover is cool!

    ReplyDelete