Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the fab Broke & the Bookish.
Each week we're given a bookish topic and we come up with our top ten.
This week's list: Top Ten Character Names, I'd Name My Children After
- Lena from Delirium. She's a strong character and I love this name. (short for Magdalena)
- Mia from If I Stay. I first liked this name in the Princess Diaries, but If I Stay cemented it for me.
- Bella from Twilight. Okay, so I would never name a child this now, but I have to say that I loved, loved this name before Twilight.
- Anne from Anne of Green Gables. Of course spelled with an E at the end.
- Madeline from the Madeline picture books. I think it's the red hair. My husband has reddish hair and my son has red hair. I can envision having a daughter with red hair as well.
- Laura from Little House on the Prairie. I have always been drawn to the traditonal names.
I can only think of six this week, and you might have noticed that none of the names are boys names. I'm not sure why, I already have a son so perhaps its easier for me to imagine a little girl.
What about you? What's on your list?