February 8, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday-Character Names

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the fab Broke & the Bookish.
Each week we're given a bookish topic and we come up with our top ten.
This week's list: Top Ten Character Names, I'd Name My Children After

My List:

  1. Lena from Delirium. She's a strong character and I love this name. (short for Magdalena)
  2. Mia from If I Stay. I first liked this name in the Princess Diaries, but If I Stay cemented it for me.
  3. Bella from Twilight. Okay, so I would never name a child this now, but I have to say that I loved, loved this name before Twilight.
  4. Anne from Anne of Green Gables. Of course spelled with an E at the end.
  5. Madeline from the Madeline picture books. I think it's the red hair. My husband has reddish hair and my son has red hair. I can envision having a daughter with red hair as well.
  6. Laura from Little House on the Prairie. I have always been drawn to the traditonal names.
I can only think of six this week, and you might have noticed that none of the names are boys names. I'm not sure why, I already have a son so perhaps its easier for me to imagine a little girl.

What about you? What's on your list?

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad someone finally said Laura was one of their top names! Even if I do wish my name was more interesting a lot of the time...

    http://devouringtexts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lena is a great name: once my German class was visited by a young woman from Dortmund who became friends with several of us, so I'm particularly partial to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had Mia on my list too and I also love the name Madeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really like Bella...but with it's connection to Twilight, wouldn't name my future child that. Mia is a cute name too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matilda from Nurse Matilda. And Evangeline, who is in the Nurse Matilda books too (as well as the wishing star in The Princess and the Frog)

    ReplyDelete