February 22, 2011

Top Ten Movie Adaptations



It's Top Ten Tuesday Time! This fab feature is hosted by
The Broke and The Bookish. I love seeing how similar
(or different) our lists are each week.

This weeks list:

Top Ten Book to Movie Adaptations


My List:

Harry Potter Series- any of them really. I think they have been wonderfully done and I have enjoyed them all. I'll be very sad to see them end this summer.

Sense & Sensibility -How I love this movie. Hugh Grant, Emma Thompson, Alan Rickman, Kate Winslet....


Tim Burton's Adaptation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Besides the fact that Johnny Depp stars as Willy Wonka and is brilliant, I much preferred this version to the sing songy one done years ago



Chocolat- This movie has 2 of my favourite things- chocolate and Johnny Depp. The only thing better would be a chocolate covered Johnny Depp (ok TMI-sorry) I loved the book and the movie.


Shawshank Redemption-Stephen King has had sooo many of his books made into movies, and though I am not a huge Stephen King fan, I did like this one. Wonderfully scripted and acted.

 

The Princess Bride- He had me at "As you Wish" Really great ensemble cast made this a fantastic movie

Lord of the Rings- I bet this will be on many peoples list. As a huge fan of the books I was very nervous seeing it in the theatre but Peter Jackson's vision out did my own. Incredible and I never tire of watching them over and over.

 What's on your list?

7 comments:

  1. I HAVE to watch Sense & Sensibility every time it's on! One of my all time favorites. Same for LOTR!

    Jess @ Gone with the Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen The Shawshank Redemption on loads of lists... probably because it's freking awesome :). I went for The Green Mile as my Stephen King film though hehe.

    My list is here: http://devouringtexts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to read Chocolat and then watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, clearly we were book/movie twins separated at birth, as so many of our answers are alike--I must follow you now! Alas, I had to give Chocolat an honorable mention since I never read Joanne Harris's book, but otherwise it would be on the Top Ten. Here's my list:http://asthecrowefliesandreads.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-ten-tuesdays-book-to-movie.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, loved those! I never saw the Johnny Depp Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but I've been meaning to. I love the Kiera Knightly Pride and Prejudice, and the Gwyneth Paltrow Emma. And of course there's Harry. I loved Shawshank Redemption too. I'm sure I'm missing a ton, but my mind is blank right now. Oh, the Bourne Movies- those were books before, right? I never read the books, but I loved loved the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Absolutely NOT TMI. I'm next in line for a chocolate covered Johnny Depp!!!!

    ReplyDelete