March 11, 2011

Story Time with Monkey & Me


Once a month I visit the daycares in the area for storytime. It's a great way to meet and visit with the children I wouldn't normally see here in a regular program. I look really forward to these visits.

Todays favourite story was:
 Monkey and Me by Emily Gravett
A cheeky little girl and her toy monkey swing irresistibly through the pages of this gorgeous playful book. Young children will love guessing what animal they are pretending to be, before shouting out the answers as the pages are turned to reveal the real creatures. Soon everyone will be waddling like a penguin, jumping like a kangaroo and hanging upside down like a bat!



 I use this one a little differently and tell it like a group chant where the children repeat after each verse. I also have them act out the animals as they appear on the pages.  Works well for preschool or toddlers. I've used it for my baby program as well and had the parents chant along. Recommended.

3 comments:

  1. I love this feature! My nephew loves to read (well listen to me read, he's only 2!) - so this will give me some good ideas of what to get for him :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks G! I'm excited about it, not sure If I'll post once or twice a week yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'll have to check it out of our library!

    ReplyDelete