March 15, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Characters we'd love to be family

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. It's one of my favourites to participate in, as I love writing lists and comparing them with others.

This week's Topic:
Top Ten Characters I would want as Family Members.

  1. First one to pop in my head was Hermione Granger (sister). She's wicked smart, funny aaaaaand a wizard. Although maybe I should have thought that through as how could I compare to that.....
  2. Katniss from the Hunger Games (Sister). She's brave, strong, skilled in many areas and above all else fights for what she believes in- the ultimate Big sister.
  3. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mocking Bird. (dad) Ultimate father figure.
  4. Molly Weasley from Harry Potter. (mom) I love her. She's kind, caring and loves her kids more than anything and is there for anyone who needs her.
  5. Evie from Paranormalcy (sister) She's spunky, fun and totally someone I would love to have as a sister.
  6. Flavia from The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (daughter). She'd keep me guessing and I'd worry about her tendency for all things dangerous but she's also endearing and super smart.
  7. Mia's grandfather from If I Stay. (grandfather) Strong, resilient and knows that letting go is sometimes the best way, the only way to show someone we love them.
Only seven this week, and I could not come up with a character I could see as a brother. (I have toooo many book boyfriends I guess :))

6 comments:

  1. Great choices. Flavia is on my list too.
    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsblog1.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had Atticus and Molly! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love the idea of molly weasley as a mom!!! i wanted to add a harry potter character but i just could not for the life of me think of one - you picked a really cool mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly Weasley is probably the ultimate mother- I also chose Atticus for a dad :)

    My list is here :) http://devouringtexts.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-tuesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had Hermione and Mrs. Granger on my list too. And Evie almost made the cut. Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are interesting picks. I had tough time with it yet somehow picked TEN!

    Here is my Top Ten Picks post!

    ReplyDelete