June 4, 2011

Die for Me by Amy Plum

So I'm a bit behind on the challenge- today was packed full of errands etc and it's now past 24 hours later and I only have finished 1 book- but I have to say it was a really good one! I'm hoping to make up some time tonight. I've read for 5 hours in total.....

Die for Me

Die for Me by Amy Plum
Published May 10 2011 by HarperTeen
352 Pages
Reviewed from Arc (but it's one I'll still buy for my shelves)

Summary from GoodReads
In the City of Lights, two star-crossed lovers battle a fate that is destined to tear them
 apart again and again for eternity.
When Kate Mercier's parents die in a tragic car accident, she leaves her life--and memories--behind to live with her grandparents in Paris. For Kate, the only way to survive her pain is escaping into the world of books and Parisian art. Until she meets Vincent.
Mysterious, charming, and devastatingly handsome, Vincent threatens to melt the ice around Kate's guarded heart with just his smile. But Vincent is full of secrets and Kate soon realizes that if she follows her heart, she may never be safe again.


Die for Me has had mixed reviews, but I have to say I loved this one. I loved the setting in Paris, I loved the writing style, I loved the main character Kate and I loved the love-interest Vincent-Boy did I love Vincent(swooning)
This book is escapism at it's best. I know that readers have said that it echoes many themes & elements from Stephenie Meyer's Twilight, and I saw the similarities in story line, and even character development but I'm totally ok with it. Twilight was a wonderful book to escape the world in and so is Die for Me.
It will be interesting to see where the author goes in the next book, but I for one can not wait!
Definitely recommended.
 
Next book- Across the Universe
 

No comments:

Post a Comment