June 21, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Top Ten Reasons I Love Blogging


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous Broke and the Bookish
Happy Blogoversary The Broke and the Bookish!!!!!

Top Ten Reasons I Love Blogging

  1. Blogging has given me an outlet and place for sharing my love of books and reading. You would think that working in a library I would have that opportunity all the time and while it does happen, I needed more....:) 
  2. The community of bloggers. I think we have the best and most supportive online community. I have met and become friends with amazing people this past year.
  3. I love connecting with other book lovers, through discussion, memes, the hops, twitter!
  4. Connecting with the authors of the books I review and books that I have loved. I find this incredible- being able to share with an author-how I felt about their work, and how it impacted me. I treasure that opportunity.
  5. Seeing what's new, what's coming out and discovering books I hadn't heard about or maybe had been reluctant to pick up
  6. Reconnecting with the publishing community....I've missed them.
  7. Sharing ideas for story times and program ideas with library children's staff
  8. Blogging =Time for myself. I blog for me. I set aside the time for me.
I'm looking forward to reading everyon else's list!

5 comments:

  1. Such a great list of reasons to love blogging! I totally agree- the community is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all the reasons why I love book blogging as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I agree on all counts, but especially about connecting with authors - it's so fun to dialog with writers about their work and follow authors' blogs as well!

    ReplyDelete