November 30, 2010

Fictional BFFS


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This weeks list spotlights the BFF. (best friends forever). Who are the characters from literature you'd most like to be bffs with?



My List:


Hermione Granger- Hermione would be an amazing friend. She's loyal, brilliant, a witch and a character from one of my most favourite series of books

Violet Ambrose -from the BodyFinder. Her abilities are a little "different" to say the least, but she goes out of her way (even puts herself in danger for others) She's brave and she's dating Jay-who I would get to spend time with too :)

Nya- from The Shifter. Nya has incredible courage, she's fiercely loyal and has the ability to protect you from pain.

Jo -from Little Women. - I related to Jo the most when I read this years ago. She was my favourite.

Anne- from Anne of Green Gables. I've always felt that Anne and I would be Kindred Spirits. I've admired her as she's high spirited, has a beautiful way with words and is a wonderful friend.


Flavia De Luce - From The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. She's quirky, hilarious, curious and often finds herself in trouble...

Mia -from If I Stay. I am very attached to this book and to Mia. I feel like I know her already.

Keladry-from the Protector of the Small Series. She's a girl who wants to be a knight during a time when girls were supposed to be seen and not heard and only help in the kitchen. She doesn't let that stop her.

Princess Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo- She's a little awkward, has a great sense of humor and is a Princess!

I struggled with the last one...Bella Swan? -she might be too involved with her vampire lifestyle now. Katniss? I don't know if she's too damaged to be a friend or even if she would still be capable of trusting anyone.

thoughts?  Who would you choose?

 On Lost in the Library tomorrow- Worthwhile Reads "Gift Edition"

17 comments:

  1. Hermione! She would So be my favourite, too...great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermione!! I've got so many ideas for this meme!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh some good potential BFFs. I love Violet too...nice choice. Just, you know, stay away from potential serial killer dumping grounds and you're good to go! Also: This was a reminder to me that I REALLY need to read If I Stay. I've heard so many great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had Hermione on my list, too. I almost put Mia. I love If I Stay, but I'm not a very musical person, so I don't know if that one would work too well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it that Kel made your list. I went with Alanna myself. Love this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne Shirley would have been the eleventh friend on my list, but I would still love to sit down for tea with her…

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED Mia! I should have put her on my list. I went back and forth with putting Katniss on there too and realized that we probably wouldn't make very good bff's but I'd want her as my ally!

    My Fictional BFF's

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy to see Anne of Green Gables getting some love today. She didn't make my list but great picks!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was no way I could add Bella or Katniss to my list... had to go with Alice Cullen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I would choose Bella. She is too wrapped up in her relationship with Edward. She would be one of those friends who you never hear from when they have a boyfriend. If you are thinking of someone from Twilight I would choose Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermione is popular but she's so likable that it makes sense.
    Jamie- I think your right about Katniss. An ally for sure.
    An Alice Cullen would have made a good choice too.

    Anna-you must stop what your doing right now. Go borrow/buy If I Stay and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I considered Mia for mine because I liked her at the beginning, but then she turned way too whiny for me in later books, so I went with Suze from the Mediator series.

    Hermione and Jo are awesome picks, and I think I would get along with Anne in the later books (not so much in the first book because she was a little too talkative for me, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Mia! I forgot about Mia! She broke my heart. . . great pick there.

    -Linds, bibliophile brouhaha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I picked Alice instead of Bella, cause Bella is too whiney and focused on Edward. I picked Johanna from the Hunger Games cause she is really funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mia from If I Stay is a great choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Katniss for sure...except I might become collateral damage. She sure can kick some butt though!

    ReplyDelete