November 23, 2010

Top Ten Tuesdays-Holiday Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by the wonderful Broke and the Bookish.

I look really forward to particpating every week and seeing every one elses lists.
This weeks Top Ten:  Holiday Books
This was a tough one as I don't read a lot of holiday themed books except in Story Time.


  1. The Night Before Christmas by Clement Moore. I read this out loud to my son every Christmas. He's 9 now so I don't know how much longer he'll let me do this but fingers crossed I'll get a couple more years.
  2. I usually re-read a classic this time of year....The Secret Garden, Sense and Sensibility, or Alice in Wonderland
  3. Snowmen at Night by Caralyn Buehner
  4. Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear by Audrey Wood
  5. Santa Duck by David Milgram
The books in red are my must reads at our Holiday Story Times. I'll be posting a review of Santa Duck later this week actually.

Movies that give me the Christmas Spirit:

The Santa Clause 1,2,3
Elf
Home Alone
The Bishop's Wife (with Carey Grant-sigh)
Love Actually
Then the classics like Rudolph, Frosty, Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street, It's a Wonderful Life and we also watch Sound of Music this time of year too.

9 comments:

  1. I'm with you...I don't read too many holiday themed books! :) Great lists though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Big Hungry Bear was my daughters' favorite book. I didn't know that there was a Christmas version of it. Guess I'd better find it even though they are now 18 and 22. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all of the books on your list. A big yes to Snowmen at Night.

    Here is my list of Top Ten Books to Read During the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Alone and Love Actually are two of my faves and I don't know how they got left off my list! Definitely had Elf though! That movie cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa Duck? Now that sounds interesting. What's he give people for Christmas, AFLAC?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I somehow found 10 holiday books that I'm familiar with and like. It wasn't an easy task!

    "The Night Before Christmas" made my list, too. It's been a few years since I actually read the whole thing, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smellincoffee...whats Aflac?

    Anne,-you'll have to get it for them...it's just as lovely as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to reread A Christmas Carol, and the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I often reread the Lord of the Rings around this time, but not every year as it's a rather chunky volume.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of the Santa Clause movies make me feel all warm inside, but Elf and Home Alone are great for some laughs!

    ReplyDelete