January 17, 2011

Library Programming -Preschool

    I've been intending to post program ideas and plans on a consistent basis, since I began blogging. I haven't figured out the format/lay out yet but this at least gets me started. I'll also be posting lyrics to songs and maybe even clips of the songs being sung by yours truly. -we'll see.
   Below you'll find a program for 3-5 year olds based on The Mitten by Jan Brett. I actually cover different aspects of the book over two programs-this is the first.

Summary from Goodreads
Set in a snowy forest, the fun begins when, one by one, animals crawl into Nicki's lost white
 mitten to get warm until the bear sneezes, sending the animals flying up and out of the mitten.
 On each turn of the page, Jan hints at what animal is coming next in
her signature borders, inspired by Ukrainian folk art.




I've been moving away from creating a "theme" and finding books to fill it to finding a wonderful book and pulling the "theme" from it.
Over the next few weeks I'll be working out the format for these posts. If you have any questions or need song lyrics or more details on the games/activities posted above-don't hesitate to email me.



No comments:

Post a Comment