January 25, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday-Books We Wished We Read Younger


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the fab The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we feature a top ten list on a variety of topics. This weeks list: Top Ten Books we wish we would have read when we were younger.

My List: (more of a Top 7)

  1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery- She's a Canadian legend and although I love Anne and rewatch the movies made about the series every Christmas- I've never read the books.
  2. The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper. I actually read this series for a University childrens lit class and loved them. I don't know how I missed reading them as a kid. Fantastic mythical & magical,
  3. Chronicles of Narnia by C.S Lewis. This is another series that I read for a University lit class. I still remember crying when Aslan was laying on that Stone Table at the mercy of the ice witch.
  4. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. This has become one of my all time favourite childrens picture books. It's perfection...and yet another one that I discovered in a University Lit class (sensing a theme here?)
  5. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery. This is a classic that has been sitting on my shelf at home for years and I've yet to read it.
  6. Alice in Wonderland and through the Looking Glass by Lewis Caroll. (lit class)
  7. Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I, like many watched this tv show every week. I cryed every time Pa cried and loved to hate Nellie and Mrs. Olsen. I've never read the books.
I'm looking forward to checking out every one elses list. I wonder if they will be full of  classics like mine?

4 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    I keep seeing Little House on the Prairie in this week's lists! It would have been on my own list, had I thought of it earlier. Thankfully, however, it already is on my TBR pile. I hope to get to it some time this year, when the "wind" feels right for it. =)

    What our lists have in common is The Dark Is Rising. =) I didn't get to it until I was in university as well (although it wasn't for a class), and that's one of my biggest reading regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog on the blog hop and am now a new follower. But I had to comment on this post (instead of the one about the blog hop) because I freaking love the Anne of Green Gable movies! In fact I just mentioned Anne in my blog that I did this morning for the blog hop! I have read the first book but I think I do like the movies better because Megan Follow is just spot on as Anne and her expression on when she cracks her slate over Gil's head or when she dyes her hair black are just priceless!

    ReplyDelete